Monday, October 19, 2009

The Library!!!

Hi! Sorry I'm late on this guys.
Wednesday, Jack and I went to the library. He was pretty excited by the train. They have a wooden block train with wooden tracks that interlock. He played with that for quite some time. There were also puzzles and hand puppets. He wasn't so interested in the hand puppets...
Another little boy was there and so he had to practice sharing. He did ok...
I, in the meantime, was trying to put into practice what I've been learning in my Children's Literature class... easier theorized than practiced, let me tell you. But I think I did ok. Unfortunately, the library doesn't really have their kids books organized by age range, so I had to hunt through the stacks. Besides which, I have this nasty habit of overestimating children. I mean, I think that it's good to expect that a child as smart as Jack will be, well... smart. But I also have to remember that he isn't even three yet, so...
But, basing my search around his interests, I think we came up with some pretty cool books.

Grammy tells me that, though they've read all the books, Jack mostly likes the alphabet book with the construction equipment. Ok, go read my next post, this one was very late and I don't remember what else I was going to say...

No comments:

Post a Comment