After a mostly successful dinner of mini-ravioli (and also some banana for Reagan, Jack didn't want any) it was time to put Reagan to bed. This proved not to be what she wanted, and she fussed a bit. But once she was down, it was time for Jack and Auntie Katie to carve the pumpkin. We went online to look at pictures of Jack-O-Lanterns so that we could determine whether Jack preferred a scary face or a funny face.
Jack liked the wide open mouthed pumpkin, it was a little bit scary, but not too scary.So that's the model we went with for our pumpkin. We started by drawing on the face with the marker, which Jack did not want to do, so I did it.
Then we had to cut off the top, which I would never allow a 2-year-old to do, so I did it.
Then we had to scoop out the guts. This is the fun part, right? Not for Jack, he's scared of pumpkin guts. Wouldn't even touch them. Recoiled in venemous hatred from that slimy mass inside the pumpkin. So... I did that too. I scooped and scraped until the pumpkin was all cleaned out; all the while Jack watched from afar. Once the pumpkin was all cleaned out, he would get a little closer to looking inside of it, but still would not touch it.
He appreciated the aesthetic value of the finished product, but I just don't know if it's really going to be his thing, ever... Oh well.
Overall, though, we had a fun night. We read The Please and Thank You book about three times, and watched a little bit of Spongebob.
When I first got there in the afternoon, Jack was watching HGTV. Apparently, he likes that channel.
No comments:
Post a Comment